Every once in a while I feel like snacking, but it’s tough to find healthy snacks these days. Even ‘healthy’ snack brands contain different oils such as seed oils or oxidized, rancid oils. I look for non-gmo, organic snacks that I can have on the fly. There aren’t many brands that really have truly healthy snacks. They’re hard to come by. Furthermore, finding a brand that has healthy snacks and tastes delicious. That’s double as hard!
I’ve found a few snacks that I really enjoy that are organic, non-gmo and free of sneaky ingredients like seed oils that I think many people would enjoy if they knew about them. Today I’ll be sharing with you these healthy snack ideas and how to make them work for you!
Some of them you can grab on the fly, while others you can make in a big batch at home and then grab on the go when you leave the house. Either way, they’re organic, natural, healthy and will improve the health of your metabolism over time.
Snacking can be an essential part of a healthy diet, especially when you choose snacks that are packed with nutrients and support your overall well-being. Here are the top 5 healthiest snacks you can eat.
Here Are 10 Healthy Snacking Ideas For You
- Fresh Fruit Fruits are a delicious and nutritious snack option that can provide your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Choose a wide variety of colorful fruits such as apples, bananas, oranges, berries, and melons. Fruits are low in calories and high in nutrients, making them an ideal snack to satisfy your sweet tooth while supporting your health.
- Nuts and Seeds Nuts and seeds are packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein, making them a perfect snack to fuel your body between meals. Choose nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and pistachios, or seeds like chia, flax, and pumpkin seeds. They can help keep you full and satisfied while providing you with essential nutrients. I personally like to always buy a big bag of chia seeds and have it on hand. I then like to take the chia seeds and make what I call ‘chia pudding’ by mixing chia seeds and water in a big glass gallon container. Mix the chia seeds and water until it makes a pudding consistency, then, add different protein or nutritional powders (or both, if you’re feeling up for it) for a delicious flavor. I like to add protein powder and matcha as well as a vitamin c blend, super berries and other incredibly delicious fruit or protein based powder blends from Boku Superfoods. Click here to visit boku superfoods to get plenty of superfoods and nutrients to add to your chia pudding. Use the discount code healthywildandfree to get 10% off your order.These are my three favorite powders to add for flavor:
Click here to visit bokusuperfoods.com to discover their protein powder blends, fruit powders and cacao powder! They have a mushroom powder that’s great too. Also, their umami seasoning is incredible on eggs and fish! Highly recommended products and brand. Use the discount code healthywildandfree to get 10% off your order.
- Vegetables with Hummus Vegetables are a great low-calorie snack option, and they become even more nutritious when paired with hummus. Hummus is a healthy dip made from chickpeas that contains fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Pair your favorite veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers with hummus for a filling and nutritious snack.
- Greek Yogurt Greek yogurt is a protein-packed snack that can help keep you full and satisfied. It contains probiotics, which can help support gut health, and calcium, which is essential for bone health. Choose plain Greek yogurt and add your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, nuts, or seeds to create a healthy and satisfying snack. Make sure to get organic.
- Dark Chocolate Dark chocolate is a healthy snack option that can satisfy your sweet tooth while providing you with essential antioxidants. It contains flavonoids, which can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health. Choose high-quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids and enjoy it in moderation as a healthy snack. I personally like endangered species chocolate, as they taste great and give a percentage of profits back to the rainforest.
- Grass fed beef or grass fed turkey jerky sticks! There’s a company called paleovalley that makes the most delicious beef jerky sticks I have ever had. Their beef stick flavors come in original, jalapeno, summer sausage, garlic summer sausage and teriyaki. I personally really like their jalapeno and garlic summer sausage flavors. Thankfully, you can get 15% off your beef jerky order as a new customer by visiting paleovalley’s special link by clicking here! They also have turkey jerky, which i’m not as big of a fan of personally but it’s still pretty good. You can get 15% off turkey jerky by clicking here.
- Grass fed Ayoba Biltong! Since we’re on the jerky topic this is another really great one. Ayoba biltong is an air dried grass fed jerky that tastes absolutely delicous. It’s different than traditional jerky. Paleovalleys jerky is moist and delicious, while ayoba biltong has that dried and chewy flavor. I like both, depending on the mood i’m in and get both every once in a while! Their spicy and rosemary truffle flavors are quite delicous. You can learn more at ayobafoods.com
- Superfood bars from Paleovalley: Paleovalley has these delicious superfood bars that I love. My favorite flavors are lemon meringue and red velvet. They are like treats! It’s like a healthy desert. Absolutely delicious, organic and full of pure ingredients with no artificial crap. You can learn more about paleovalley superfood bars and get 15% off by visiting their website. Click here to learn more about paleovalley superfood bars and get your discount today! The apple cinnamon flavor is pretty good too.
- Dates: Dates are a delicious and nutritious fruit that provide a number of health benefits. Here are some of the key health benefits of consuming dates:
- Rich in nutrients: Dates are a good source of several essential nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and fiber. They are also low in fat and contain no cholesterol.
- Boosts energy: Dates are a natural source of energy due to their high carbohydrate content, which is easily metabolized by the body. They also contain natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose that can provide a quick energy boost.
- Improves digestion: Dates are a good source of fiber, which is important for maintaining healthy digestion. The fiber in dates can help prevent constipation and promote regular bowel movements.
- Good for heart health: Dates are low in saturated fat and high in fiber, which makes them beneficial for heart health. They also contain potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- May aid in weight loss: Dates are relatively low in calories and high in fiber, which can help you feel fuller for longer and reduce your overall calorie intake. However, they are also high in sugar, so it is important to consume them in moderation.
- May improve brain function: Dates contain antioxidants that have been shown to improve brain function and reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties: Dates contain several compounds that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Figs are delicious and easy on the go.Figs are a nutritious fruit that can provide a number of health benefits. Here are some of the key health benefits of consuming figs:
- Rich in nutrients: Figs are a good source of several essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin B6. They are also low in fat and contain no cholesterol.
- Good for digestion: Figs are a good source of fiber, which is important for maintaining healthy digestion. The fiber in figs can help prevent constipation, promote regular bowel movements, and improve overall digestive health.
- May lower blood pressure: Figs are a good source of potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and can reduce the risk of hypertension and other heart-related diseases.
- May improve heart health: Figs contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body and improve heart health.
- May aid in weight loss: Figs are relatively low in calories and high in fiber, which can help you feel fuller for longer and reduce your overall calorie intake.
- May have anti-cancer properties: Figs contain compounds that have been shown to have anti-cancer properties, particularly in preventing colon cancer.
- May improve bone health: Figs are a good source of calcium, which is important for building and maintaining strong bones.
Overall, figs are a nutritious and delicious fruit that can provide a range of health benefits. However, it is important to consume them in moderation, as they are also high in sugar.
- Bonus snack! The brand Tia Lupita has these amazing cactus based chips. They are non-gmo verified, grain free and delicious! My favorite flavor is the chipotle and salsa Verde flavors. You can find these in health food stores across the country or visit tialupitafoods.com/collections/chips
Top 3 Recommended Healthy Snacks
If I had to pick between all these healthy snacks i’d pick the paleovalley superfood bars (lemon meringue or red velvet flavor), the paleovalley beef jerky (garlic summer sausage or jalapeno flavor) and the ayoba biltong, rosemary truffle flavor. These are all great and you’ll taste the deliciousness!
Click here to visit paleovalley and get 15% off raw food bars.
Click here to visit paleovalley and get 15% off their beef jerky.
Click here to visit ayobafoods.com
If you want to order the raw food bars and the beef jerky both from paleovalley click here to visit their store and get 15% off your entire order!
This Amazonian Herb is Arguably The Best Cardiovascular And Immune Aid (Plus, it’s anti-inflammatory)
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read
About Half of Men Are at Risk for This Dangerous Condition After Age 50 — Here’s What You Can Do to Prevent It
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back
Check The Back Of Your Vitamin C Supplement – Here’s How To Tell If it’s Fake & Dangerous
Fermented Foods Are 10x Better For Your Gut Health And Immunity Than Probiotic Pills - Click Here To Learn Why!
Turn Your Kitchen into A Probiotic Factory Churning Out Free Probiotics Daily! Here's How!