In a time where so much media coverage is negative, or causes a fear-based reaction from the audience causing them to contract even further into their comfort zones, sometimes all it takes is a happy occurrence to snap yourself out of it.
Believe it or not there are still plenty of people out there in the world who value things like happiness, health and community.
People who want to make a connection with strangers, or to simply brighten up their day when things are trending in a downward direction.
Whether you’re having a good day or a bad day today, spending time with family and friends or on your own, these pictures are sure to put a big smile on your face, and warm your heart like a piping hot cup of warm organic tea.
1. ’’I spotted this cutie at the grocery store.’’
2. ’’My kid had his foot resting on his other leg.’’
3. ’’I was having a bad day and this dog walked to my bus stop, sat on the bench, and asked me for pets. I’m now having a good day.’’
4. ’’I was having lunch with my mom and this gentleman was having coffee with his late wife.’’
5. ’’My husband said he was going to make a bed frame. I thought it was for our new mattress.’’
6. ’’My grandma turned 90 today. Every morning she goes to McDonald’s for coffee, and today they had a party for her.’’
7. ’’8 months ago, our son, who was mostly wheelchair-dependent, got a support dog. I think we can conclude that together they succeeded.’’
8. ’’After 9 years of being my best friend, he gets to be my best man.’’
9. ’’This picture of my parents never actually happened. These are 2 separate photos that fit perfectly together.’’
10. ’’I live abroad. My grandparents called me to urgently check the security cams of my house back home. Turns out they called so I could see them standing with a heart and waving at me.’’
11. ’’Nimbus leveled up from crinkled tissue to supermodel.’’
12. ’’My grandpa turned 64 today. He grew up poor and had never had a birthday party. Today he had his first one.’’
These pictures were brought to you by the website Brightside.Me, which can be viewed here.
Check out all 18 pictures if you have a few extra minutes, and be sure to spread the good news and cheer with everyone on your Facebook feed (or email list)!