Modified citrus pectin (MCP) is a substance that has been derived from the peel and pulp of a variety of citrus fruits, particularly, and mainly, the grapefruit. Pectin is a type of soluble fiber (meaning absorbed in water) that is found in the cell walls of plants, and it is commonly used as a gelling agent in food processing, such as in the making of jams and jellies. You’ve probably consumed different pectin based jams or jellies before, which is why it may sound familiar.
Modified citrus pectin from products like pectasol is created by altering the structure of citrus pectin through a separation process, making it more digestible and absorbable by the body. This modification results in smaller pectin molecules, which are believed to be better absorbed in the digestive tract. In other words, modified citrus pectin helps your body receive more of this soluble fiber without eating 1,000 grapefruits. This helps to clean out your gastrointestinal tract and improve digestive health substantially, along with all the other benefits of this particular type of soluble fiber found in citrus pectin.
Health Benefits of Modified Citrus Pectin
Some potential health benefits that have been researched and shown to add value to human health of modified citrus pectin include it having the capacity to bind to heavy metals in the body, promoting their excretion out of the body. This is valuable because heavy metals built up lead to hormonal disruption, mood changes, nervous system disorders, even other psychological and nervous system orders.
It is also studied for its powerful potential anticancer properties, as it may inhibit both the growth and spread of cancer cells. However, it’s essential to note that research on these potential health benefits is ongoing, and more studies are needed to establish conclusive evidence. It does point to evidence however, that this specific type of fiber prevents cancer growth and pulls heavy metals out of the body. For these two reasons alone, this modified citrus pectin product is worth adding to your daily routine.
The nice aspect about it is that the company Econugenics has a modified citrus pectin (MCP) product that has lime flavor, so it tastes like a citrus powder and creates a delicious lemonade or limeonade product that is delicious to drink morning, mid-day, and night. Make sure to use the code WILDFREE15 to get 15% off your order from Econugenics by clicking here.
Let’s dive a bit deeper into the many health benefits and aspects that modified citrus pectin can provide to the human body.
Click Here To Get Modified Citrus Pectin Today.
Use The Discount Code: WILDFREE15 for 15% off!
7 Benefits Of Modified Citrus Pectin Too Good To Ignore
- Heavy Metal Detoxification:
- Some studies will suggest that modified citrus pectin may have the ability to bind to toxic and dangerous heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium, and mercury, in the digestive tract. This binding could potentially facilitate their excretion from the body, which is a very good thing. The modified form of pectin is believed to have enhanced chelating properties compared to regular pectin. This is because the pectin is broken down to a smaller molecular size allowing it to dig into hard to reach areas of the digestive tract, bind to smaller particles of toxic heavy metals and pull them out.
- Cancer Research:
- Research on modified citrus pectin’s potential anticancer properties is promising. It often revolves around its impact on multiple facets of cancer cells such as adhesion, invasion, and metastasis. Some studies on MCP propose that modified citrus pectin may inhibit cancer cell growth and metastasis by interfering with cellular processes. It’s important to note that while there is some promising preclinical evidence, this alone is not a cancer cure or cancer treatment. It’s simply one aspect in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and keeping cancer cells under control in one way. It is important to eat an anti-cancer diet and maintain health outside of this. Nothing is a miracle pill or treatment.
- Immune System Modulation:
- Immunomodulation is important for a healthy immune system especially for those suffering with any of the 80+ autoimmune conditions that cause the immune system to run too high or too low at any given time. There is some exploration into the immunomodulatory effects of modified citrus pectin, and the results are promising, thankfully. It is suggested that it may influence certain immune system components, potentially enhancing immune responses. It appears that the modified citrus pectin helps the immune system turn up or down at more appropriate times modulating key immune system responses more intelligently. It is believed that the gastrointestinal and digestive health cleanup is what makes the immune system communicate more clearly as 80% of the immune system is located in the gut.
- Cardiovascular Health:
- Studies on modified citrus pectin and cardiovascular health have found its potential effects on cholesterol levels and blood vessel function to be promising. Some research shows that it could contribute to cardiovascular health by influencing lipid profiles and supporting blood vessel integrity. This supports a healthier heart and cardiovascular system as a whole. The number one cause of death in the United States is heart attack. This may help to keep your cardiovascular system healthier, keeping you alive longer and less worried about your ticker.
- Inflammation Reduction:
- Inflammation is one of the key factors in all disease formation. Inflammation starts in the gut, influences immunity, digestion and more. The anti-inflammatory properties of modified citrus pectin have been suggested in some studies to provide anti-inflammatory relief. It may help reduce inflammation by modulating certain signaling pathways ensuring that chronic inflammation stays at bay and acute inflammation in the body does its job. Chronic inflammation is implicated in various health conditions, and substances with anti-inflammatory properties are of interest for potential therapeutic applications. Based on my coaching and one-on-one support of health clients as a health coach, I have found that the majority of people (probably 8 out of 10) are dealing with chronic inflammation in an ongoing basis.
- Gastrointestinal Health:
- The gastrointestinal system is responsible for digesting and ingesting nutrients and excreting waste as a byproduct of that process. The better your gastrointestinal system works, the more nutrients your body absorbs and the healthier it excretes waste. This is pivotal for the health of your colon, digestive system and entire body as the nutrients that pass through the gastrointestinal tract are absorbed at a higher rate of efficiency.Research has found the impact of modified citrus pectin does play a role in gastrointestinal health, including its effects on gut microbiota, or microbiome as a whole. It is suggested that the modified form may interact with gut bacteria and potentially influence digestive processes, helping to absorb nutrients at a higher level and to excrete waste more efficiently is always a good thing, thanks to modified citrus pectin.
- Antioxidant Activity:
- Another added benefit of Modified citrus pectin has been studied for its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals in the body, which can contribute to oxidative stress and damage. By scavenging free radicals, antioxidants may play a role in reducing oxidative damage to cells and tissues. If you’re looking for the most powerful antioxidant supplement you can get, I highly recommend Radiate 21. This formula contains four of the top ten highest rated ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) antioxidants in the world, and works very well to combat free radical stress, oxidative damage and inflammation. This formula also contains lime, lemon and orange extract which will surround the modified citrus pectin with other naturally derived citrus nutrients to make the citrus pectin work more efficiently. These two pair together well.
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms:
- Different Studies have examined the cellular and molecular mechanisms of modified citrus pectin may focus on how it interacts with cells, signaling pathways, and gene expression. This shows that cells are more optimally healthy, signaling pathways are more clear, and genes express in a healthier manner overall. Yet another reason to try modified citrus pectin form Econugenics today. Make sure to use the discount code: WILDFREE15 to get 15% off your order.