Mainstream media sources often downplay the positive benefits of organic food, but the truth is that organic is almost always the best choice.
Recent lab tests show that organic food typically contains no synthetic pesticides; in other words, far less synthetic pesticides than conventional foods.
Each year, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) releases its popular Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen lists.
These lists help consumers make informed choices about which foods have more or less pesticides when grown “conventionally.”
These lists are a great place to start when it comes to making smart food purchases.
The top five foods to avoid buying conventionally in the year 2022 are as follows, according to the Group’s latest list.
The Top Five Pesticide Soaked Fruits and Vegetables in 2022
1. Strawberries- Topping the list as they have often in recent years are strawberries, which may seem healthy at first glance but can actually be loaded with synthetic, toxic pesticides according to the EWG’s research.
Organic strawberries are expensive but well worth the investment. Buy them in season and freeze to save big money.
2. Spinach- Spinach is packed full of health benefits, but non-organic varieties consistently place in the Dirty Dozen among all vegetables each year.
More than 90 percent of samples tested positive for two or more pesticides according to the 2022 list.
3. Kale, Collard and Mustard Greens- Beginning in 2019, the USDA began finding residues of a highly toxic pesticide called DCPA, known under the brand name Dacthal, in this popular dark leafy green.
The EPA classifies this pesticide, just one of many potentially found on kale, as a possible human carcinogen. This little known but highly toxic pesticide was banned by the European Union in 2009.
Kale typically contains the residues of nearly 20 different synthetic pesticides.
Since organic kale is so cheap, it’s well worth the extra money in 2022 if you want to avoid synthetic pesticides.
Organic mustard and collard greens are worth the extra money as well according to the 2022 list.
4. Nectarines- Similar to peaches with their soft, round shape and orange color, nectarines soak up pesticides easily, making it important to always buy them organic or at the very least to limit consumption.
This year’s tests found more than 90 percent of all nectarine samples contained residues from two or more different pesticides, much like spinach, cherries and other vegetables and fruits.
5. Apples- The vast majority of apple orchards remain “conventional,” and yet American apples have been banned in several parts of Europe by regulators in recent years.
Over 47 pesticide residues were found in conventional apples by the USDA’s pesticide data program in 2010 and the crop is still heavily sprayed today.
More than 90 percent of samples contained at least two or more pesticide residues in 2022. Be sure to buy organic when you have the chance.
Final Thoughts: Pesticides are a big problem when it comes to these fruits and vegetables.
If you have any questions or concerns, consult the 2022 Dirty Dozen list, and always buy organic when in doubt.
Thanks for reading, and happy shopping!
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read.
Linda Went From an A Cup To a C Cup in Just 5 Weeks Without Any Dangerous Surgery, Silicone or Risky Procedures. All Naturally. Click Here To Watch The Video Story..Boost Your Bust Today!
Psychic Claims She Can Draw Your Soulmate With Nothing More Than Your Full Name in Just 5 Minutes Or Less. Click Here To See it in Action!
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back.