- Cheerios tested positive for traces of glyphosate.
- The chemical is the active ingredient in Roundup, which has been linked to causing cancer.
- Cheerios glyphosate levels tested higher than what an environmental group considers safe for children.
A report was done by a group named EWG to detect traces of glyphosate in cereals. The environmental advocacy group found traces of the chemical in 6 of Cheerios top selling cereals. Glyphosate has been been under scrutiny since multiple high-profile lawsuits stating that the chemical causes cancer. A California jury awarded a couple $2 billion in punitive damages after concluding that sustained exposure to Monsanto’s popular Roundup weed killer led to their cancer diagnoses. Since then, multiple lawsuits have been filed across multiple states in the US.
Glyphosate is a popular herbicide used to kill certain plants and grasses. It is the active ingredient in Roundup, Rodeo, and Pondmaster. If you use a product with glyphosate on your lawn or garden, you may be exposed to glyphosate by breathing it in, via your skin, or getting it in your eyes. All of which present health concerns if you’re in regular contact with it.
Roundup has been linked to numerous side effects and complications in humans, including cancer.
Roundup has also been linked to:
- Alzheimer’s disease: According to lab studies, glyphosate could cause neural cell death associated with this degenerative disease.
- Birth defects: According to studies in Paraguay and the United States, infants and children in agricultural areas where glyphosate is used may be at higher risk of developing birth defects including cardiac abnormalities and deformities.
- Cancer: A survey of residents in Argentina repeatedly exposed to Roundup exhibited cancer rates reportedly “two to four times higher than the national average.”
- Heart disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Leaky Gut Syndrome)
- Liver disease
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Reproductive problems
- Respiratory illnesses
If you feel like you’ve been exposed to glyphosate, please watch the video below:
The two highest levels of glyphosate were detected in Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch and Cheerios, at 833 parts per billion and 729 parts per billion. But why is it in our cereal at all? The bigger question is why aren’t we aware of what we’re eating. The nonprofit behind the report said that concerns about glyphosate developed as research started to show that Roundup caused liver and kidney damage in rats at only 0.05 ppb, and additional studies have found that levels as low as 10 ppb can have toxic effects on the livers of fish.
The two highest levels of glyphosate were detected in Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch and Cheerios
The United States has set the ADI for glyphosate at 1.75 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight per day while the European Union has set it at 0.3. The EPA is supposed to set a limit from all food and water sources that is at least 100 times lower than levels that have been demonstrated to cause no effect in animal testing. Still, The EPA’s analyses finding have been more than likely influenced by the agrichemical industry. The groups said that the federal government should conduct an investigation into the “harmful effects of glyphosate on human health and the environment,” and the relationships between regulators and the agrichemical industry but it has yet to be done.
Monsanto has said repeatedly that there are no legitimate safety concerns regarding glyphosate when it is used as intended, and that toxicological studies in animals have demonstrated that glyphosate does not cause cancer, birth defects, DNA damage, nervous system effects, immune system effects, endocrine disruption or reproductive problems. Monsanto makes roughly $5 billion a year from glyphosate-based products. I’m sure that has nothing to do with their findings.
Both organic and non-organic brands have been testing positive for glyphosate. I found that mamavation.com has its own organization that certifies brands “Glyphosate Residue Free” with lab testing 3x per year. The Detox Project has a list of brands that they certify each year. Mamavation also recommends Cornucopia’s list of cereal brands that best respect organic principles. These specific farms below are 100% organic and stay up to date on keeping it that way.
Zego Oatmeal & Muesli
- Zego Organic Exceptional Oats Original Oatmeal
- Zego Organic Apple & Cranberry Muesli
- Zego Organic Cinnamon Twist Muesli
Grandy Oats Granola
- Grandy Oats Organic Coconola Original Granola
- Grandy Oats Organic Coconola Mega Hemp Granola
- Grandy Oats Organic Chocolate Chunk Coconola Granola
- Grandy Oats Organic Coffee Crunch Coconola Granola
- Nature’s Path Organic Whole O’s
- Nature’s Path Organic Honey Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal
- Nature’s Path Organic Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla Cereal
- Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
- Cascadian Farm Organic Fruitful O’s Cereal
- Cascadian Farm Organic Oats & Honey Cereal
- Cascadian Farm Organic French Vanilla Almond
Ambrosial Greek Granola
Go Raw Granola
- Go Raw Sprouted Raisin Organic Granola
- Go Raw Sprouted Organic Superfood Flax Snax
- Go Raw Apple Cinnamon Organic Granola
- Go Raw Organic Gluten Free Chocolate Granola
One Degree Organic
- One Degree Organic Brown Rice Cocoa Crisps Cereal
- One Degree Organic Sprouted Vanilla Chia Granola
- One Degree Organic Sprouted Oat Honey O’s Cereal
Farm to Table Oatmeal
- Farm to Table Ancient Grains Organic Oatmeal
- Farm to Table Organic Apple Raisin Oatmeal
Shared Via Mamavation.com
Keep your mornings glyphosate free starting today!
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read.
Linda Went From an A Cup To a C Cup in Just 5 Weeks Without Any Dangerous Surgery, Silicone or Risky Procedures. All Naturally. Click Here To Watch The Video Story..Boost Your Bust Today!
Psychic Claims She Can Draw Your Soulmate With Nothing More Than Your Full Name in Just 5 Minutes Or Less. Click Here To See it in Action!
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back.