When we think about tiny homes, we imagine a grand off-grid lifestyle that may be “too expensive” to ever experience it ourselves. Little did you know, tiny homes are within nearly everyone’s budget if you’re already dealing with the hassle of renting without owning. The great thing about a tiny house is that you can travel freely, unlike renting an apartment or buying a house which limits your traveling possibilities. This article will prove just how close affordable, off-grid living really is to you.
Why Choose a Tiny Home Vs. Renting or Buying?
- 60% of tiny homeowners have no credit card debt.
- On average, a tiny home costs less than one-fifth what a traditional home would cost.
- The average sales price of a newly-built single-family home is $383,900.
- The average listing price of a home on Zillow is $275,000.
- The average cost of a built-to-suit tiny house is $59,884.
- The average cost of a DIY home build is closer to $23,000.
- The most luxurious tiny homes top out at $180,000.
- One couple built their own 192-square-foot tiny home for less than $8,000.
- 78% of tiny home dwellers own their home compared to 65% of traditional home dwellers.
- 89% of tiny house dwellers have less credit card debt than the average American.
- 55% of tiny house owners have more savings than the average American.
Stat source: ipropertymanagement.com
The Vista ($46,600)
For roughly $46,600, the standard Vista has a total floorspace of 160 square ft. all laid-out on a singular level. It may not be extremely spacious but I promise the stargazing at night makes up for it. The Vista includes a;
- Dining and living area
- Bedroom area
- Wood flooring
- Pop up TV
- Upgrade: Full off Grid setup with solar power
- Composting toilet
If you’re looking for something cheaper, the Vista Go and Vista Sport will run you around just $29,800.
Check Vista out HERE
Bitterroot Valley ($46,000)
Montana’s Bitterroot Valley tiny house sits on a 20 ft. (6 m) long trailer and was constructed using structural insulated panels. This tiny house has a floorspace of 272 square ft. It’s derived from rough cut lap cedar, rusty reclaimed corrugated metal, and cedar shakes. Inside, the Bitterroot Valley tiny house you’ll find a:
- Main living area
- Upstairs loft
- Water heater
- Basic appliances
That’s a whole lot of features for just a small price of 46k!
Check Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses out HERE
Man Cave ($42,830)
The Man Cave is best suited for hunting trips and it measures in at just about 7 x 18 ft. It’s price currently comes in at $42,830. Inside this little abode you will find a
- Basketball hoop
- Ladder to access the rooftop deck
- Removable ramp
- Garage door allows a small bike to be driven right inside
- Three beds
- Sleeping loft upstairs
- Bathroom w/ toilet and shower
- Large slide-out BBQ
- 500 W rooftop solar array
Unfortunately, due to Covid, Upper Valley Tiny Homes is permanently closed. Still! At least we know these price points exist.
84 Lumbers, a building supply company, took a unique approach to selling there tiny homes. Instead of them building it, they slashed the price and decided to sell a Build-Your-Own kit with trailer, plans, and materials that will run you just $6,884, or a Semi-DIY kit for $19,884, which includes tiny house shell and trailer already complete. If you want the Move-In Ready option, its still a reasonable $49,884. Inside this tiny house you will find:
- A total floorspace of 154 square ft.
- Living area
- Bathroom w/shower
- Composting toilet
- Sleeping loft
- Secondary storage loft
Check out 84 Lumbers HERE
Archie’s Container ($54,900 w/upgrades)
This beautiful tiny home, which is my favorite, is a little different. Instead of your standard wood frame, this one was built from a shipping container. It was created by Archie, a Missouri-based custom container creator who absolutely loves what he does and it shows. For the price of 47k you get:
- 312 square ft. of living space built from a one 40 foot shipping container
- Main living area
- Bathroom w/tub and shower
- Storage-integrated stairs
- Sleeping loft
- Secondary storage area
Archie also offers another larger container home that’s spacious enough for the whole family for $54,900.
Check Archie out HERE
If you’re planning on building your own tiny home, watch this video first for the Do’s and Don’t:
If you’re buying a tiny home, already purchased one or planning on building one, we’d love to hear your journey. Leaving grid living behind may seem like a big step but here at GreenLivingTribe, we believe its a step in the right direction. Sustainable living, lower monthly cost, minimalist lifestyle nd traveling are all great reasons to ditch the house note and hit the road. I hope this article will help you on your Tiny Home adventure!
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read.
Linda Went From an A Cup To a C Cup in Just 5 Weeks Without Any Dangerous Surgery, Silicone or Risky Procedures. All Naturally. Click Here To Watch The Video Story..Boost Your Bust Today!
Psychic Claims She Can Draw Your Soulmate With Nothing More Than Your Full Name in Just 5 Minutes Or Less. Click Here To See it in Action!
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back.