Cooking requires skill, expertise and practice. The longer you cook, the better you get. There are many factors that make a dish delicious, and the better you dial in your ability to navigate these elements the better your dishes will take.
The ultimate goal is to cook a dish that tastes delicious and is healthy and nutritious.
The quality of the ingredients, herbs and spices that you use matter. This determines not only how delicious the dish is, but how healthy it is.
Here’s the crazy part..
You can make a dish taste horrible that’s HEALTHY.
You can make a dish taste delicious AND Healthy.
It’s all in HOW you do it. One of those elements is the oil that you cook your food in. Many people don’t realize it but the process of pressing oils from a plant can range from low quality processes (which require high heat) to high quality processes such as cold-pressed. The difference in both nutritional quality and taste can be vast, and this is only ONE element of the oil.
With that being said, here are the healthiest oils to cook with from healthiest first to less healthy.
5 Healthiest Oils To Cook With:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is quite possibly the healthiest oil on earth. The Mediterranean diet has been recognized for decades now for it’s extraordinary health benefits on the population of these cultures. Olive oil is one of the staple foods that is consumed in this diet. The benefits of Olive oil include Anti-inflammatory, cardiovascular supporting, brain supportive, as well as being rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. Olive oil may be one of the best ways to lubricate the body and joints from the inside out. As you age, make olive oil your friend. An unfortunate factor of Olive oil sold in the United States is that most of it is from California, and the state of California has more chemicals in the soil possibly than any other state simply because it’s such a massive agriculture state. Unfortunately, these chemicals get into the olives as well.
This is why you want to avoid Olive oil from California. Next, you’d think Olive oil from the middle east is better. Unfortunately many manufacturers MIX olive oil with rancid oxidized oils that actually CAUSE inflammation. Why do they do this? It makes the “Olive Oil” (not pure) cheaper. Learning these two things caused me to go on a deep search and thankfully I found an Organic, Extra virgin olive oil that is cold-pressed in Greece. This is important because its certified organic in the EU meaning it’s higher quality than any Organic Olive oil in the United States. The company is Kasandrinos Olive Oil, they are running a special to give you a bottle of this olive oil free, you just pay 8 bucks shipping. Click here to take advantage of this special offer, while supplies last.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado Oil has similar benefits as Olive oil, but a higher smoke point which means that you can cook it at higher temperatures. It has a bunch of Vitamin E in it which supports skin health. It does have a lot of fat in it however, although it’s not the unhealthiest fat, it may not be the best oil if you’re looking to stay lean.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is cheap and works quite well as a cooking oil. You might be surprised to learn that coconut oil is actually pretty high in saturated fat however. Still, this super heat-resistant fat has great health benefits. It can help improve cholesterol, kill harmful bacteria as it has anti-bacterial properties, and boost metabolism also. To ease your mind a bit more, many recent studies have shown that not all saturated fats are bad for you.
- Grass-Fed Butter: Honestly, grass-fed butter should be higher on the list but unfortunately it’s become harder and harder to come across grass-fed butter. The largest producer of ‘grass fed butter’ Kerry Gold stated that they are now feeding their cows soy and corn also. Most likely GMO based. Unfortunately, unless you have a local Amish population most butter is not Grass Fed.
- Macadamia Nut Oil: Another fatty oil. You know what they say about Macadamia nuts? If you want to gain weight, eat them! They are one of the fattiest foods on the planet. The oil is no different. Incredibly fat rich. It specifically has high levels of monounsaturated fats which lower “bad cholesterol” which can actually reduce a persons risk of heart attack or stroke. Macadamia nut oil is also a great source of antioxidants.
Beyond these healthy oils to cook with, there is also a list of oils that you want to avoid completely and at all costs. These oils are oxidized (aged), rancid (unstable states of fat), as well as extracted from plants that have a high chemical content such as pesticides or other chemical agents such as weed killers.
Oils To Avoid Cooking With:
Vegetable Oil: Any vegetable oil is a bad option. Although it may sound healthy, vegetable oils are usually one, or a mix of corn, soy and canola. These foods are sprayed heavily with weed killers, pesticides, and other ‘cide’ chemicals. The word ‘cide’ means death, and these chemicals end up in the oils. Then, when you ingest them they go into your gut and cause a disruption in the balance of healthy bacteria there. They wreak havoc on the gut, and it would quite literally be better to cook with water than these oils.
Margarine & Vegetable Shortening: These contain trans fats which increase your risk for health issues related to cardiovascular events. Not worth the risk at all, especially when playing with your ticker. Margarine also happens to have chemicals in it that are also found in plastic, believe it or not. These petroleum byproduct chemicals are not meant to be consumed at all. Margarine containers made out of plastic contain BPA (otherwise known as bisphenol A) which is a chemical that confuses the body. It mimics the hormone estrogen, which causes a lot of issues with men and women alike.
And there you have it. The best and worst oils to cook with. Once again, Kasandrinos Olive oil has a special where they are giving away a free bottle of their olive oil to test out. All they ask is that you pay 8 bucks in shipping costs. You can click here to take advantage of this organic, extra virgin, cold-pressed Olive Oil imported by clicking here.
Get A FREE Bottle Of EU (Greece) Certified Organic Olive Oil (Just Pay Shipping) And Rediscover What Healthy Cooking is in The Kitchen Today! Click Here.
Click Here To Claim Your Free Bottle Of Kasandrinos Olive Oil Today Before They Are Gone!
This Amazonian Herb is Arguably The Best Cardiovascular And Immune Aid (Plus, it’s anti-inflammatory)
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read
About Half of Men Are at Risk for This Dangerous Condition After Age 50 — Here’s What You Can Do to Prevent It
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back
Check The Back Of Your Vitamin C Supplement – Here’s How To Tell If it’s Fake & Dangerous
Fermented Foods Are 10x Better For Your Gut Health And Immunity Than Probiotic Pills - Click Here To Learn Why!
Turn Your Kitchen into A Probiotic Factory Churning Out Free Probiotics Daily! Here's How!