Apple cider vinegar is a strong detoxifying agent. It contains a variety of b-vitamins, acetic acid, and different enzymes that help the body in it’s metabolism. It’s been a detoxifying and cleansing agent for centuries. It helps to detoxify the liver which is important because the liver has over 500 biological functions. It benefits the digestive system in many ways and is also loaded with a lot of antioxidants!
One of the often overlooked benefits of ACV is that it also benefits the immune system. It helps to balance the bacteria in the gut to balance the microbiome. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has many benefits. You can learn more about that by clicking here and reading this article.
Today we’ll be sharing with you a natural remedy that is beneficial for boosting immunity, leaning your stomach out, breaking up mucus and supporting your microbiome, liver health and more!
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) Detox Drink
Ingredients and their benefits:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has the important acetic acid which has a pH of 2.5. Acetic acid is helpful in removing heavy metals from the body! It is also needed for the transportation of important minerals in the body as, as well as the digestion of protein, and the support of thyroid function. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with key minerals, vitamins and enzymes which are very helpful in supporting the digestive and detoxification pathways.
- Lemon: Lemons are supportive of liver health and metabolism! They contain an antioxidant called d-Limonene, which is known to have a both cleansing and detoxifying properties in the body. One study published in the journal Alternative Medicine Review found that d-Limonene could help “dissolve cholesterol-containing gallstones” and, due to its gastric acid neutralizing effect, could also be “used for relief of heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)”. How cool is that?
- Raw Honey: Raw, unprocessed honey is a superfood that strongly supports liver and sleep health. It is a great source of a variety of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, carbohydrates, and even some specific phytonutrients. This gives your liver and your muscles energy to stay strong! Click here to get raw honey on amazon.
- Ginger: Ginger has long been a traditional used as a natural remedy for digestive issues and ailments. Ginger also contains nine different substances that have been found to stimulate serotonin receptors in the gut! Serotonin is your ‘happy hormone’ and plays a role in inflammation and nutrient absorption as well. This helps to reduce gut related inflammation and enhance nutrient absorption. Ginger is also a warming spice so in the colder months (winter!) it is especially beneficial for creating internal warmth and keeping that metabolism fire stoked! This is important.
- Cayenne Pepper: Another heat boosting aid! This spice contains both vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, vitamins A and C, E too. It helps to enhance blood flow and circulation while supporting the immune system by killing off anything that heat filled capsaicin will take out. Capsaicin is the compound in cayenne that gives it the heat and this works actively to enhance circulation and immunity.
ACV Recipe & How To
Step 1: Take 1 tbsp of raw honey, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of acv and put them in a glass.
Step 2: Take 1/4 tsp ginger and add it in the glass.
Step 3: Add a dash of cayenne pepper! (Optional: add cinnamon & orange to support blood sugar health and add to the flavor!)
Step 4: Top the glass of with warm water (not boiling, but warm) on the stove
Step 5: Mix and drink, preferably on an empty stomach.
Simply drink this recipe when you are detoxifying. This also benefits digestive health, immunity, liver health, lymphatic health and so much more so you can really make this drink recipe and use it at anytime!
Want To Take Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules Instead of Drinking It? Click Here To Get 15% off ACV Capsules While Supplies Last!