It’s that time of the year again… Pollen blowing in the wind, dust particles floating around, just waiting for a nose to fly into and disturb that perfectly clean membrane and really get you messed up! Cleaning products, pool or gardening chemicals, and driving by those damn construction zones can get me feeling yucky!!
If you’re like me, you are tired of battling the slimy forces of mucus and phlegm that seem to take up residence in your throat and chest. Thankfully, I have the ultimate guide to help you eliminate those pesky invaders immediately.
Say goodbye to the yucky slime that makes you cough and wheeze like a deflating balloon. Get ready to reclaim your respiratory kingdom and bid farewell to the icky mucus and phlegm once and for all!
There are few things in this world as gross and consistently annoying as coughing up phlegm and mucus. Breathing difficulties and coughing tends to occur as a result of nasal obstructions which are most commonly caused by an excessive amount of phlegm in the lungs.
While our body produces phlegm through mucous membranes in order to protect it from viruses, dust, and allergies, an excess tends to lead to bronchial issues and even lung infection. When you are in perfect health, the mucus tends to be thin and barely noticeable, but when you’re sick or fighting an allergen or virus, it thickens in order to trap foreign substances.
Clear Mucous and Phlegm Naturally
If you’re having trouble with the production of mucus in your throat, here are some ideas on how to clear up your breathing pathways:
- Lemon and Honey: This mixture not only boosts your immune system, but it also prevents infections and soothes coughs. The lemon cuts down the mucus.
- Simply mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with a tablespoon of organic honey in a bowl and consume three times daily.
- Peppermint tea or oil: Peppermint oil is commonly used as a decongestant, as the herb itself offers so many refreshing, cooling properties that clear up respiratory infections.
- Try boiling fresh peppermint leaves with a cup of water. Add in some honey if you need a sweetener and allow it to steep for a few minutes before consuming.
- Turmeric: Turmeric so happens to be one of the most versatile of the spices in your cabinet, as well as one of the healthiest. It has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which means it is able to strengthen your immune system, fight infection, and clear excess mucus.
Try Omica Organics Turmeric, it’s the most therapeutic, brightest color best value.. Discount code: VFDF7M to get 10% off your order
- Try making a turmeric/water/salt mixture and gargling with it.
- Garlic: This vegetable is abundant in antiseptic properties. It helps fight bacteria and boost the immune system, so it’s actually helpful in drawing out infections in more than just the throat.
- If you can bear it, try biting down on a garlic glove to suck up the juices—or, you could gargle with some warm water mixed with garlic oil.
- Eucalyptus tea or oil: Since it also has antiseptic abilities, eucalyptus is good for fighting upper respiratory infections. It is able to handle the dryness of the respiratory tracts that often makes breathing difficult.
- After boiling eucalyptus in water and allowing it to steep, try sipping it throughout the day.
- Ginger tea or oil: As powerful as a decongestant, filled with antiviral and expectorant properties, ginger tea helps fight respiratory infections.
- Try slicing some fresh ginger and boiling it in two cups of water. Sweeten with honey.
- Steam inhalation: This is one of the best ways to help clear up excess mucus from your nose, throat, chest, and lungs. It’s best if you can add in antiviral herbs or oils. This helps fight inflammation, soothe irritation, and treat any infections.
I recommend trying Doterra for all of your essential oil needs. They have the highest quality you can find in the market.
So there you have it, dear readers! We’ve explored a treasure trove of techniques and remedies to banish the yucky mucus and phlegm from your throat and chest with lightning speed.
From the power of lemon and honey to the refreshing magic of peppermint, turmeric’s golden touch, and the mighty garlic’s antiseptic powers, you now possess a formidable arsenal against the slimy invaders.
Remember, the battle against mucus and phlegm may be ongoing, but armed with these immediate immune building solutions, you can face it head-on with confidence. Embrace the joy of clear breathing and bid farewell to those unpleasant coughs and wheezes.