The pineal gland has long been a gland of mystery and mysticism in many ancient cultures. Also known as or referred to as the ‘third eye’ because it’s quite literally like a third eye in the center of the forehead. In Indian culture, a red dot is placed over the skin to represent this. Many leaders and teachers in spiritual communities believe that the pineal gland has mystical powers and the ability to provide spiritual insight, intuition and enhance divine connection.
I tend to agree, as I have experienced some interesting things while using different herbal or nutritional protocols for the health of my pineal gland.
According to the national institutes of health the pineal gland does the following for the body…
The main function of the pineal gland is to receive information about the state of the light-dark cycle from the environment and convey this information by the production and secretion of the hormone melatonin.
Now, let’s take that in. It helps to ‘navigate’ our light-dark cycle, meaning going from daytime to night and back and it conveys this information by secreting melatonin, which is also known as the sleep hormone. In other words, the pineal gland physically transitions light and darkness and mediates between the two. How fascinating is that? It is the gland that is responsible for navigating between the seen (light) to the unseen (dark) world! That alone is fascinating.
The pineal gland is a small, pinecone-shaped gland located deep within the brain. Its primary function is to produce and secrete the hormone melatonin, which regulates sleep-wake cycles and helps to synchronize the body’s internal clock with the natural rhythms of daylight and darkness. However, it has other functions as well.
In addition to its role in regulating sleep patterns, the pineal gland has also been associated with other physiological and neurological processes, such as the regulation of mood, circadian rhythms, and immune function. Some research has suggested that the pineal gland may also play a role in the regulation of reproductive hormones and sexual development, although this is still an area of active investigation and debate among scientists.
How The Pineal Gland Provides Insight (In-Sight) For Us
Think about the pineal gland for a minute. Did you know that it looks exactly like your eye? only it’s internal to your body. A good way to remember the pineal gland is the ‘in-sight’ that it provides, both physically but also spiritually.
The pineal gland is the portal to the soul, some believe. It is your ‘sensor’ or eye that connects the vision of the internal world to the external world, and vice versa. There’s no doubt that this gland plays an important role physically but also spiritually. I have noticed firsthand that when my sleep is consistent and healthy the pineal gland is producing healthy amounts of melatonin at the proper time. It also supports your dream state as well.
The challenge with the pineal gland is that it becomes calcified over time. What does that mean? Calcification occurs when the body accumulates too much calcium and doesn’t metabolize it properly.
This calcium then stores itself in the body in the worst places. It can store itself in joints and cause pain, bone spurs and arthritis. It can store itself in the kidneys and cause kidney stones, it can store itself in the arteries and constrict arterial blood flow to and from the heart making the heart muscle pump harder and stressing it out, which can lead to cardiac related incidents that can be life threatening. All of these are problematic in their own way. You do not want the body to store excess calcium.
When people say ‘open your third eye’ what they are really saying is remove the excess calcium and toxins from your pineal gland that have clogged it up and caused it to not work as well. This requires nutritional support mainly, but certain herbs and Adaptogens really help to break down excess calcium as well.
How To Open Your Pineal Gland (Third Eye)
There are certain nutrients you want to increase in your diet or supplement routine, or ideally both in order to really help the pineal gland flourish. These are mostly minerals and work to break down and metabolize excess calicium in the body. Magnesium is one of these minerals as it is a softening and loosening mineral. They say that you want to consume twice the amount of calcium to magnesium (2:1) but this may not work best for everyone. Most people need more magnesium because they are deficient!
Another mineral is phosphorus, this literally softens calcium in the body and many people are deficient in phosphorus also. Vitamin D3 is also important for healthy calcium absorption in the body, so get outside and get some sunshine! And get that sunshine on your forehead while you’re at it!
Herbs & Adaptogens That Support Pineal Gland Health
- Bacopa: This herb is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to enhance cognitive function and memory.
- Ginkgo biloba: Ginkgo is believed to improve circulation to the brain, which can enhance cognitive function and memory.
- Ashwagandha: This adaptogenic herb is used to reduce stress and anxiety, which can improve brain function and memory. This is in the Radiate 21 formula which we discuss later in this article.
- Rhodiola rosea: Another adaptogenic herb, Rhodiola rosea is believed to improve mental performance and reduce fatigue.
- Sage: Sage has traditionally been used to enhance memory and cognitive function.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties that may protect the brain from damage.
- Mucuna (Mucuna pruriens) is an herb that has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for various purposes, including supporting the health of the pineal gland. The pineal gland is a small endocrine gland located in the brain that is responsible for producing melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles.Mucuna contains a high concentration of L-DOPA (levodopa), which is a precursor to dopamine, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in regulating mood, motivation, and movement. Dopamine also helps to regulate the activity of the pineal gland.Research has suggested that Mucuna may support pineal gland health by increasing the production of dopamine, which in turn may help to regulate the production of melatonin. In addition, Mucuna contains other compounds, such as serotonin and 5-HTP, which may also play a role in regulating the pineal gland.
- Shilajit: Shilajit is a black mineral powder that the Himalayan mountains quite literally squeeze out of the earth. It is rich in both fulvic and humic acid which are often overlooked when it comes to calcium absorption by the body. This powder also strongly supports both adrenal (stress) and kidney (filtration) health in the body.Humic acid and fulvic acid are naturally occurring organic acids found in soil, sediment, and water. These compounds have been studied for their potential health benefits, including their ability to interact with minerals like calcium in the body.Humic and fulvic acids have a high affinity for minerals, meaning they can bind to them and potentially improve their absorption and utilization in the body. Some studies have suggested that these compounds may help to increase calcium absorption and retention in bone tissue, which can help to prevent osteoporosis and other bone-related conditions.Additionally, humic and fulvic acids can chelate, or bind to, calcium ions in the bloodstream. This can help to prevent calcium from depositing in soft tissues, such as blood vessels, where it can contribute to the development of atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases. I get my Shilajit from Omica Organics which you can click here to visit, make sure to use the code VFDF7M for 10% off your purchase.
- Radiate 21: Perhaps the most powerful pineal formula online, this formula contains 21 ingredients from Amazonian, Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for the ultimate healing and support. It contains both cat’s claw, dragon’s blood, two powerful white and red blood cell supporters. It also contains camu berry which is a superfood that affects brain health, the pineal gland and your happy hormone ‘serotonin’ as well. The formula also contains Ashwagandha which is a powerful adaptogenic herb that gets our body out of the fight or flight (matrix mindset) and back into rest and digest so your body can find it’s homeostasis naturally. This formula has flowers and berries that effect emotions, memory and brain chemistry. It has roots, herbs and tree sap that work to purify the blood of chemical agents like fluoride and excess calcium which store themselves in the pineal gland. Hardening them. The real secret to this formula is that it uses Una De Gato which helps to support the body by removing excess calcium. Additionally, this formula is actually energetically resonated at 528 HZ to protect your DNA. This is the frequency that genetic physicists have used for DNA REPAIR, and is proven to work. Visit Radiate21.com to learn more. I take this formula daily personally now. I just notice a huge difference in my intuition, brain health, energy, memory and other good things we all want! 🙂
How To Detoxify Your Pineal Gland
Beyond adding the right things in. The right nutrients, herbs and Adaptogens you also want to be sure to drink the cleanest and purest water you can possibly get. I highly recommend getting a water filter from Omica Organics to hook up to your sink as well as their shower filter. Your water contains chlorine and fluoride and many other harmful contaminants. Omica Organics uses multiple filtration mechanisms within their filter to remove chlorine, fluoride, traces of metals and pharmaceutical drugs, pesticides and more. Their water is the absolute purest and at the best cost. I have looked high and low and owned a water ionizer, a hydrogen water machine and more! While these are all great (and I have over $15,000 worth of water technology) I would say that the Omica Organics filter for just $300 to $1,200 is the best investment you can make first. Why? Because it removes all impurities, then the ionizing, alkalizing, hydrogen and all other water optimizations actually make sense. Otherwise, the cart is before the horse!
The Difference Between Omica Filter’s And Other Brands
The difference between Omica water filters and others is vast. The old water filter we had under the sink was $550 from a popular water filtration brand. The new one was $290 – $29 from the discount code VFDF7M, so $261 total from Omica Organics. The one on the right was $550 for a smaller filter! Almost double price for half the filter almost!
The one on the left is slightly shorter but much denser, and overall the water goes through a much deeper filter from the three on the left. The left filter is just $261 after using the discount code VFDF7M on OmicaOrganics.com/?s=water%filter&
Ionized alkaline tap water anyone? People don’t understand this! So start with a good water filter for under your sink and in your shower from omica Organics. Use the discount code: VFDF7M on your order to get 10% off and you won’t be disappointed with the quality you receive. Click here to see Omica Organics sink and shower water filtration options that are best for you.
Radiate 21 – This formula uses 21 botanicals from Amazonian, Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine to support brain health, memory, mood, along with removal of excess calcium to open the pineal gland. This formula is resonated at 528 Hz which protects your DNA from damage as well as balances the emotional state of the brain so that your intuition can shine through your pineal gland instead of having anger, fear or any other negative emotion block your potential. Use the discount code: radiate10 to get 10% off your order. Visit Radiate21.com to order today. This is my number one recommendation for pineal opening.
Magnesium Breakthrough capsules. – Use the discount code healthywildfree for discount.
Magnesium Topical Spray – Click here to get 10% off – Use the discount code VFDF7M for discount.
Bacopa in Qualia Mind – Use the discount code healthywildandfree for 10% off your order.
Omica Organics has some of the best products for pineal gland health. You absolutely NEED to stop drinking tap or bottled water if you want to open your 3rd eye. You need to stop showering in it also. They have both under the sink filters and shower filters because if you want to decalcify your pineal gland you need to remove the excess fluoride in your water supply. Be sure to grab a water filter if you don’t already have one, and get shilajit, mucuna, ashwagandha and their magnesium spray. The discount code VFDF7M takes 10% off your order from Omica Organics every single time you order, so be sure to save the discount code somewhere special for future orders.