Pain comes in many different forms and there aren’t a lot of good long term options that don’t have significant risks associated with them. With the opioid epidemic at an all-time high, it is so important for us to cure our pain in a safer way. These types of medications only really mask the symptom of pain without addressing the underlying cause anyway. Red Light Therapy
Do you remember in high school physics, when you passed the white light through a prism and it separated out the different colors based on their wavelengths. Those colors were red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet (ROYGBIV). Interestingly, only a tiny part of this spectrum is actually visible to the human eye.
At the highest end of the visible light spectrum is red light and above the visible light spectrum is near-infrared (NIR). It is specifically these red and near-infrared wavelengths that have amazing effects on our bodies. There are thousands of studies done in both animals and humans, and overall, red and near infrared light has been repeatedly shown to have positive effects on cell function in animal and human studies and aid in improving a wide range of conditions.
How does Near Infrared Light Therapy reduce inflammation?
Near infrared (NIR) light therapy has been shown to reduce inflammation through a variety of mechanisms.
- Improved mitochondrial function: NIR light therapy can penetrate the skin and reach the mitochondria, which are the energy factories of the cells. By stimulating mitochondrial function, NIR light therapy can increase ATP production, which in turn can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Increased circulation: NIR light therapy has been shown to improve blood flow and oxygen delivery to tissues, which can reduce inflammation by increasing the supply of nutrients and oxygen to cells and tissues.
- Immune modulation: NIR light therapy can modulate the immune system by decreasing pro-inflammatory cytokines and increasing anti-inflammatory cytokines, which can reduce inflammation and promote tissue repair.
- Reduced oxidative stress: NIR light therapy can reduce oxidative stress by increasing the activity of antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase, which can reduce inflammation by reducing the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- Activation of anti-inflammatory pathways: NIR light therapy can activate anti-inflammatory pathways which can reduce inflammation by increasing the production of anti-inflammatory proteins and reducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Near Infra Red light therapy has been shown to be effective in a variety of conditions such as arthritis, tendinopathy, and wound healing.
How Does Red Light Therapy Reduce Inflammation?
- Stimulating mitochondrial function: Similar to NIR therapy, red light therapy can penetrate the skin and stimulate mitochondrial function, which can increase ATP production and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Modulating immune response: RLT can modulate the immune response by reducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and increasing the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines. This can help to reduce inflammation and promote tissue repair.
- Increasing circulation: Red light therapy has been shown to increase blood flow and oxygen delivery to tissues, which can help to reduce inflammation by increasing the supply of nutrients and oxygen to cells and tissues.
- Stimulating tissue repair: RLT can stimulate the production of growth factors, such as fibroblast growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor, which can promote tissue repair and regeneration. This can help to reduce inflammation and improve healing in injured tissues.
- Reducing oxidative stress: RLT can reduce oxidative stress by increasing the activity of antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase, which can reduce inflammation by reducing the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS).
Red Light therapy has been proven to be a promising modality for reducing inflammation, and has been shown to be effective in a variety of conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and arthritis.
Click Here to Learn More and Purchase your Mito Red Light Therapy Device!
While research is still being conducted, the research that has been done so far demonstrates that the use of Red Light Therapy can have a significant impact on the symptom of pain while simultaneously supporting the healing of damaged tissues.
There are far too many people out there who are suffering with some form of pain and if you are one of them then I highly recommend that you take a closer look at my Mito Red Light and their incredibly powerful and effective Red Light Therapy devices.
Mito Red Light provides a variety of red light therapy products that are specifically designed to provide the specific wavelengths of light that are thought to reduce joint pain and promote joint health. They are made with high quality materials that you can feel as soon as you take it out of the package. They are also made in the USA and have 3rd party testing done that put them at the top teir of light therapy products.The best part is that they stand behind their products 100% and they care about your results.
If you decide to invest in one of their devices then you have a 60 Day Trial so if it doesn’t work for you then you can send the device back for a full refund. I’m confident that you will love your product, I absolutely love my Mito Mobile Flex! It’s compact enough to travel with, hand-held so I can direct the light to any part of my body I want, and has 3 different light settings! I can use all NIH, all Red Light, or my personal favorite, which is the 50/50 split. It even comes with it’s own 10 minute timer so you don’t have to worry about going over/under the recommended usage periods.
If your interested in trying out a Mito Red Light Therapy Device, CLICK HERE to learn more about everything they have to offer!
This article contains affiliate links that will pay me a commission if a purchase is made through the link. I stand behind the Mito Red Light Products, and believe you will absolutely love your device just as much as I love mine.
Thank you for your support. – Jade Hamilton
The Top 10 Health Benefits Of Red Light Therapy (and why you really are missing out)
Fight Those Winter Blues: 10 Natural Solutions To Seasonal Depression
This Amazonian Herb is Arguably The Best Cardiovascular And Immune Aid (Plus, it’s anti-inflammatory)
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read
About Half of Men Are at Risk for This Dangerous Condition After Age 50 — Here’s What You Can Do to Prevent It
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back
Check The Back Of Your Vitamin C Supplement – Here’s How To Tell If it’s Fake & Dangerous
Fermented Foods Are 10x Better For Your Gut Health And Immunity Than Probiotic Pills - Click Here To Learn Why!
Turn Your Kitchen into A Probiotic Factory Churning Out Free Probiotics Daily! Here's How!