Multi-vitamins are one of the most bought supplement categories in the United States. But minerals are often overlooked. This is because vitamins are cheaper to manufacture and produce and they can also be synthesized much easier. They become popular in the United Sates. Take your vitamins! But the important aspect that’s missing is that vitamins are only part of the equation. Half of the puzzle.
It turns out that minerals are much more important than vitamins because vitamins need minerals to even absorb. But it doesn’t go both ways. Minerals will absorb without vitamins, and benefit your body and health but vitamins will not absorb without crucial minerals.
Minerals are essential nutrients that play a vital role in a wide range of bodily functions, from the formation of bones and teeth to the regulation of muscle and nerve activity. They are critical for proper cellular function and are involved in various biochemical reactions in the body. They also effect sleep, heart rate, and so much more.
Minerals are more important to keep your body functioning and heart beating, vitamins are also. But you’ll die faster without minerals than without vitamins. Minerals such as potassium and magnesium literally keep your heart beating.
One important aspect of minerals is their role in biosynthesis. Biosynthesis is the process by which living organisms produce complex molecules such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats from simpler compounds. Minerals play a crucial role in this process, as they are often required as cofactors for enzymes involved in biosynthesis. In other words, minerals help to break down the macronutrients in the body to convert them into usable energy.
In addition to their role in biosynthesis, minerals also play a critical role in vitamin absorption. Many vitamins require specific minerals to be present in the body in order to be absorbed and utilized. For example, iron is required for the absorption of vitamin A, while calcium is required for the absorption of vitamin D.
On the other hand, if there is a deficiency in minerals, it can lead to a deficiency in vitamins as well. For example, a deficiency in zinc can lead to a decrease in the absorption of vitamin A, which can lead to vision problems and other health issues.
While both minerals and vitamins are important for overall health, it is essential to ensure that adequate amounts of minerals are present in the body to ensure proper biosynthesis and vitamin absorption. In other words, without sufficient minerals, vitamins may not be as effective in promoting good health.
5 Minerals That Influence Vitamin Absorption
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for the absorption of vitamin D. Without sufficient calcium, the body may not be able to properly absorb vitamin D, which can lead to deficiencies and health problems.Recommended Reading: Warning: Do Not Take Calcium Supplements Here’s Why
- Iron: Iron is important for the absorption of vitamin A. Without sufficient iron, the body may not be able to properly absorb vitamin A, which can lead to vision problems and other health issues.
- Zinc: Zinc is necessary for the absorption of many vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin B6. Without sufficient zinc, the body may not be able to properly absorb these vitamins, which can lead to deficiencies and health problems.Recommended Reading:
- Magnesium: Magnesium is necessary for the activation of vitamin D. Without sufficient magnesium, the body may not be able to properly activate vitamin D, which can lead to deficiencies and health problems.Recommended Reading:
- Copper: Copper is important for the absorption and utilization of iron. Without sufficient copper, the body may not be able to properly absorb and utilize iron, which can lead to anemia and other health issues.Organ Meat Supplements are rich in Iron, Copper, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D and More – Click Here To Read.
It’s important to note that while these minerals play a role in vitamin absorption, they are not the only factors that influence absorption. Other factors such as the form of the vitamin (e.g. ascorbic acid vs. calcium ascorbate for vitamin C) and the presence of other nutrients (e.g. fats for fat-soluble vitamins) can also affect absorption.
If you’re looking for the ultimate mineral formula I recommend Shilajit. This resin from the Himalayan mountains contains 84 minerals and trace minerals. You can click here to get Shilajit from Omica Organics. Use the discount code: VFDF7M for 10% off your shilajit purchase. Save this discount code, it works everytime, for life!
If you’re looking for a mineral and vitamin supplement in one check out bioactive multi from Healthy Cell Here:
Use the discount code: healthywildfree to get a discount on your order.