I was speaking on the phone to a health coaching client the other day and she shared some of her struggles. I recognized that her body as holding a lot of toxic residue that she could not get rid of. In fact, she did a cleanse, a liver flush to be specific and it made matters worse. I explained to her that ‘detoxification’ is different than ‘drainage’ and that this is important to understand.
I then explained to her that the if your body is not physically strong enough putting it through a strong detoxification or flush will be too hard on it. That was the case for her. Her ‘detoxification symptoms’ (which shouldn’t exist like people think they should) shouldn’t have been that bad.
This is because her body was not nutritionally sufficient in order to handle a liver flush. If her body was stronger and she didn’t have as many nutritional deficiencies it would have been easier. Thankfully, she got a lot of insight from the conversation and will be course correcting as she moves forward!
One system of the body which deals a lot with detoxification and drainage of waste is the lymphatic system.
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help to filter and remove waste, toxins, and other harmful substances from the body. To support the health of the lymphatic system, it is important to consume a balanced and varied diet that includes a range of nutrients. Some of the most important nutrients for lymphatic health included on the list below.
6 Nutrients For A Healthy Lymphatic System
- Protein: The lymphatic system requires protein to function properly. Good sources of protein include chicken, fish, eggs, and beef. I also recommend bodyhealth amino acids as they have been really helpful for me. Click here to visit BodyHealth and use the discount code: healthywildfree for 10% off your order.
- Fats: Healthy fats, such as those found in avocados, nuts, and olive oil, are important for the proper functioning of the lymphatic system. Good sources of organic grass fed meat are also healthy sources of saturated fat!
- Vitamin C: This vitamin plays a role in supporting the immune system and helping to keep the lymphatic system functioning properly. Good sources of vitamin C include oranges, strawberries, and kiwi fruit. You can also get my favorite vitamin C supplement for just $4.99 right here (click here) as it’s currently 85% off it’s $34.99 price! Grab it while supplies last!
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is important for maintaining the health of the immune system and supporting the function of the lymphatic system. Good sources of vitamin E include nuts, seeds, and leafy green vegetables.
- Zinc: This mineral is important for immune function and the health of the lymphatic system. Good sources of zinc include meat, seafood, and whole grains. This is also a very important mineral for the immune system function as a whole.
- Selenium: This mineral is important for the proper functioning of the immune system and the health of the lymphatic system. Good sources of selenium include nuts, seeds, and whole grains. This is also really beneficial for the Pancreas and blood sugar levels as a whole.
Beyond these nutrients it is important to understand that hydration is a crucial part of the health of the immune system also.
Drinking enough water can help to support the proper functioning of the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is a network of vessels, tissues, and organs that help to clean and filter the body’s fluids. It is responsible for removing excess fluids, waste products, and other substances from the body’s cells and tissues.
The lymphatic system does not have a pump like the circulatory system, so it relies on other means to move fluid and substances through it. One of these means is the movement of muscles and joints, which helps to squeeze the lymphatic vessels and move the fluid along. Drinking enough water can help to keep the fluids in the body thin and flowing, which can make it easier for the lymphatic system to do its job.
In addition, proper hydration can help to support the immune system, which is closely linked to the functioning of the lymphatic system. When the body is properly hydrated, the immune system can work more effectively to fight off infections and other diseases.
So, staying hydrated is an important part of maintaining the health of the lymphatic system and supporting overall health and wellness.
The Lymphatic System is An Extension Of The Immune System
It is an important part of the immune system, as it helps to defend the body against infections and other diseases.
The lymphatic system includes a network of vessels called lymphatic vessels, which are similar to blood vessels and carry a clear fluid called lymph. Lymphatic vessels transport lymph throughout the body, helping to remove excess fluid, waste products, and other substances that may be harmful to the body.
The lymphatic system also includes a number of lymphoid organs, such as the spleen, tonsils, and lymph nodes. These organs produce white blood cells called lymphocytes, which help to fight infections and other diseases.
The lymphatic system works closely with the immune system to help protect the body against foreign substances and infections. When the body is exposed to a pathogen, such as a virus or bacteria, the immune system produces antibodies to fight the infection. These antibodies enter the lymphatic system and are carried by lymph to the lymph nodes, where they help to fight the infection.
Overall, the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system and helping to keep the body healthy. If you’re looking for more natural health insight subscribe to the Healthy Wild Free newsletter by clicking here. You’ll get a lot of ongoing value!
This Amazonian Herb is Arguably The Best Cardiovascular And Immune Aid (Plus, it’s anti-inflammatory)
Harvard Study Finds 45% Of Women Have Embarrassing Bladder Leakage. This is The Solution To Stop Bladder Leakage Today. Click To Read
About Half of Men Are at Risk for This Dangerous Condition After Age 50 — Here’s What You Can Do to Prevent It
Snoring Keeping You Or Your Partner Awake At Night? Sleep Apnea Too? You Don't Have To Suffer Any Longer. These 3 Simple Throat Exercises Fix Snoring & Sleep Apnea Like A Charm! Click To Get Your Sleep Back
Fermented Foods Are 10x Better For Your Gut Health And Immunity Than Probiotic Pills - Click Here To Learn Why!